Watersports Unlimited, Princeton TX dba Trading Post
Update added by user Jun 19, 2013
JR Fulton made it right and offered to cover my expenses. They are back in my good standing.
Original review posted by user Jun 11, 2013
Watersports Unlimited, Princeton TX dba Trading Post> incompetent and I had an awful experience there.dba.
www.watersportsunlimitedtx.com >> Marine service in PrincetonWhere do I begin?... How pissed do you have to be to write a review online? Pretty pissed. Lets start with the first call.
I have a boat and I call and get J R. He probably uses initials because hes had so many law suits. JR Fulton tells me there will be no money charged until they identify the problem. Im thinking ok..They have a shop in a pasture maybe they will be reasonable.
I make the commute from Frisco and when I get there, wasps are flying around a complete dump of a house. Im certain no one lives there and here comes JR, Im knee deep in this now because he's here and its really uncomfortable because its very dumpy around there. I read once he ripped a few folks off but like a fool I think oh Im sure it was a some other situation right.. Well J R writes a ticket for me and puts a 90 dollar inspection scribbles on the ticket.
I said I thought you told me repeatedly there is no charge until we know what the problem is? He said oh yea yea sure. I know what the problem is I want them to confirm with their professional mechanic... Well his henchman Chris Ellis calls a few days later..Thats at least 4-5 days for them to look at it.
He clearly has a parttime mechanic. Anyway I purchase a lower unit in advance in case I need because Im not getting any response from them on what to do or if its the lower unit. Chris tried to again sell me a 90 fee for ?? I told him J R said no money would be charged.
I came here wanting to fix whats wrong not for a cleaning I just did that. So turns out they decide its not a lower unit its cables. Chris insist 100% percent sell the lower unit you have its fixed. I sell the unit I have and pass on the svings.
So I pay them $250 a few weeks later I pick it up and water test...Sure enough same thing. NOthing has changed. I call him..he says sure bring it back...obviously the way hes talking Im beginning to wonder if they really know what their doing. He said they tested it but now when I ask he says they just ran the hose on it.
I said you didnt even put it in a tank or something?! I bring it back thinking maybe they will shoulder some responsibility. Maybe I can get lucky and its cables or something I've already paid for! Well keep reading.
Chris Ellis calls a week later.. keep in mind this has been a month now. Chris says yea you need a lower unit. I say the one I had??
I sold it after you told me too. He says not my problem, I should have paid the 90 to water test it> I said well I told you in the first place what I wanted fixed why would I want you to find other problems before we fix this problem. He quickly just says come and get it...I said after I waited patiently and paid you already your going to tell me to come get it. obviously I cant image them actually fixing right at this point so I said my pleasure.
50 mins later Im on site and cant wait to get my boat out of his pasture shop and incompetence!! Im getting the boat ready for tow and sure enough I see Chris or JR ran the back into something!!! What else! My engine hood is cracked and when I go confront Chris about it he got very guilty and aggressive.
Chris starts acting like a badass. I called the police. The funny thing was I took it directly to another mechanic and they just adjusted the cables!! Took 15 mins.
They wanted me to spend $700 on a lower unit and it didn't even need one!
These folks are total morons and I would pay them half price to even change the oil!Clearly between the three of them they were out of their league with this simple fix.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Boat And Marine Services
- Review category
- Service Centers and Repairs
You May Also Like
- "I hired another contractor to fix my tenant's air conditioner out in Azusa, California and when he fixed it, he did Not Fix It Properly and caused additional damage in..."
- "Mi nombre es José el día 20de septiembre lleve mi troka Nissan frontier sólo para realizarle una alineación y cambio de breaks ceramic y lo hicieron hasta el Domingo y..."
- "So, first off, I have used Maaco before, with GREAT results at that. This time however, for the second 1997 Wrangler I have had painted by them, this was a..."
- "My wife and I were traveling and attempted to use the tv.xfinity.com feature - unfortunately, after logging in, I kept getting error when trying to play recordings/tv/ondemand/anything - I called..."
- "I've been with ally auto financing for two years. Bought 2014 Kia Optima brand new for 300.27 a month through ally mobile app. January 11th 2017 I made my payment..."
- "Order flowers all the time for the Villages. Wanted to try a local florist, so I called AVAS and ordered flowers over the phone. Mike suggested a vase with an..."